The Villa Decius Association and the Foundation for Polish-German Cooperation in cooperation with the Literary Colloquium Berlin invite German movie, TV, radio, social game and videogame scriptwriters to apply for residential scholarships at the Villa Decius in Krakow. The residency will last 1-2 months (possible residency periods from August until November 2018). Due to many requests concerning Scriptwriting Scholarships 2018 the call for applications shall be extended until 20th May 2018. We invite you to submit your applications!
Who can apply?
- Writers from Germany, who have at least one publication
- Scriptwriters for movies and/or TV shows, radio plays and/or audiobooks, game writers for video and/or social games
What does the scholarship include?
- Accommodation in the Łaski House, next to the historic Villa Decius in Krakow including: single rooms with bath, free use of Internet, joint kitchen, silent environment next to Park Decius
- Monthly grant of 3.000 PLN (approximately 715 EUR) gross
- Support by the Villa Decius in planning and organizing the residency
- Participation in a network meeting with cultural and creative industries in Krakow
How to apply?
Your individual application in German should contain:
- CV (including: date and place of birth, address, contact data, education, professional activity) (max. 2 pages)
- Previous publications (max. 2 pages)
- Letter of motivation including a summary of the script you plan to write during the residency and the preferred period of time for the residency (max. 2 pages)
- Sample of your previous works (max. 5 pages)
Please send the application until 15th May 2018 via email to: email@example.com
Decisions regarding the residency will be made jointly by the Villa Decius Association, the Literary Colloquium Berlin and the Foundation for Polish-German Cooperation, and will be announced until 30th June 2018.