The Villa Decius Association and the Foundation for Polish-German Cooperation invite German writers, translators of German literature into Polish, and translators of Polish literature into German to apply for residential scholarships at the Villa Decius in Krakow. The deadline for applications is 31 May 2016. The duration of the residency is from one to three months (August – November 2016). Applications are to be sent via e-mail directly to the below address, to the attention of Villa Decius’s project coordinator.
Who can apply?
- Writers from Germany who have published at least one book;
- Translators of German literature into the Polish language;
- Translators of Polish literature into the German language.
What does the scholarship include?
- accommodation at the Łaski House, an annex to the historic Villa Decius palace in a beautiful park setting in Krakow (one-person room with washroom facilities and free internet access, shared kitchen);
- a monthly stipend of 3.000 PLN (approx. 680 EUR) gross;
- support from the Villa Decius Association in preparing for the stay, organizing literary meetings, interviews and workshops as well as networking with publishers and literary critics.
How to apply?
Individual applications (either in Polish or German language) should include:
- CV (date of birth, address, contact details, education, professional activity)
- list of translations/publications
- letter of motivation describing the literary project planned for implementation during the residency period, together with the preferred duration and time of the stay.
Applications should be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2016.
Decisions regarding the scholarship applications will be made jointly by the Villa Decius Association, Literary Colloquium Berlin and the Foundation for Polish-German Cooperation, and will be announced by 30 June 2016.